Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Dream!!


 On Tuesday October 30th, I headed out to the Dream Stream at around 4AM.  It was about 7AM when I was on the water.  I had a feeling that it was going to be a good day when I lost a nice one on my third cast.  The first fish I brought to the net was a nice Kokanee.  The first of the season!  Those fish always seem to put up a good fight.  A Red San Juan Worm is what the Kokanee wanted.  Once the excavation started upstream, we had to move to the upper part of the river.  Construction crews are making stream improvements and it really affected our fishing today. I don't believe there is construction on weekends, so if you fish weekends, you will have that to your advantage.  Above the excavation, were normal Dream Stream clarity conditions.  I caught several Cutbows on the egg pattern above the middle parking lot.  I only saw a few paired Browns and only three or four Kokanee.  I think it is still a bit early for the prime of spawn.  But it was a great day, I cannot complain.  Good Luck and Tips Up! Josh





No comments:

Post a Comment