Thursday, May 3, 2012

Love Hate?

Here is another story from Jon.

We all have love hate with some waters and Antero is one of mine. I've spent some long, hard, cold days on this water. This year my good friend called me and said 20 ft of ice was off in one spot and the fish were going crazy. Ice off was ridiculously early.4 people fell thru the ice while ice fishing that day. 2 days later it was on and we were there hammering them but the fights were weak and ice was moving off quickly. Within a week the ice was gone off the lake and the fishing was great.  A week later the fish were still hitting and fighting harder and this is why I love this place. On week 3 I fished the Blue on the way over so I got there late and the fishing was slow the night I arrived. I enjoyed the place to myself as the weather calmed and had a fire that night on the lake in one of the fire pits,slept in the back of my truck and awoke at 400 am with it cold as shiznit. Got out when the sun had warmed things up a bit,had my coffee,cold as the night before in my thermos and went at it again. Nothing...Well I was in no mood for this after a few hours so headed back towards home and hit the Blue again and had a ridiculous few hours there. I hear its still slow at Antero .Hmmm.Ill be back soon.








Thanks Jon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment